Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#304152 - 05/06/06 10:59 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
When you heard my recording of Blue Bayou you passed the song as having been recorded on Tyros 2 when actually it was recorded on Tyros 1, it's this sort of thing that makes me hesitant about upgrading.

Hi Peter. I actually knew your recording was performed on your Tyros1 because you originally stated it, so my reply was merely a typo, sorry. Whether I could tell (without you telling me) whether it was performed on T1 or T2 would have had more to do with how you tweaked (effects, levels, etc) of the individual style parts & panel voices, as well as whether a Tyros2 "Super Articulation" voice was chosen for 'live playing' or not, as it's this that most dramatically showcases the sound improvement of Tyros2 over T1. In addition, one's keyboard playing(chops) plays into this as well, as no keyboard (new or otherwise) can fix or coverup for any keyboard playing deficiencies. Only practice & improving one's musicianship can help that.

Peter, whether you feel it worth the upgrade to T2 is entirely up to you. For me personally, I found it well worth the upgrade to gain the SA Articulation voices, improved keyboard responsiveness, hard drive recording feature, and oh, I forgot to mention, last but certainly not least, the ability to display lyrics and chords and have them linked to specific registrations. Presently, that is the most appreciated feature (in addition to the others I mentioned) that I currently enjoy. No music sheets or books to get in the way between my & the audience.

If none of the above is important to you, stay with Tyros1, it remains a great sounding keyboard.

Scott

#304153 - 05/06/06 11:03 AM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Peter.
When I e-mailed you asking for a copy of your MP3 recording, I know I put I like to hear anything recorded on a T2 as I thought you already had a T2 before realising you don't. You told me that it was recorded on the T1 before you sent it to me and I appreciate that, however after listening to it I could tell straight away that it was definitely not the T2 in action.
The style and sounds used didn't sound as polished like the T2 produces. The T2 just has a certain warmth to it and ooses class out of every style, sound, orifice etc lol.
There is a huge difference between the 2. My local shop has them both on display side by side so it's easy for me to say the T2 is well worth the money. I can understand that you are a bit doubtful getting rid of your Tyros for the T2 and to be honest you may be better keeping it until the T3 or whatever makes an appearance. Part exchanging obviously involves a loss and paying more and if you are still happy with the T1 keep it for a bit and get your moneys worth m8
Thanks for the MP3 though.

#304154 - 05/06/06 12:40 PM Re: Tyros2 Live Performance: "Blue Bayou"
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Thanks Craig and Scott for your thoughts experiences etc, much appreciated.

You know I bet if I took the plunge and bought the Tyros 2 I would more than likely be just as delighted as you are with my purchase, something tells me to hang on though for Tyros 3, and then really witness not just a big change but something perhaps incredible.

All the best

Peter

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online